Sunday, July 17, 2011

Inspiring words today

We are new in our family ward, we just received our favorite calling in the nursery today! We are super excited about it and looking forward to teaching the 18 month to 3 years old children. That meant that today was going to be our last time in Sunday School and Relief Society/Priesthood.


Sitting waiting for Relief Society to start when the teacher was handing out slips of quotes to read. She asked me to read one of them, sure no problem. I started reading what she had handed me and my eyes started to tear up. 


This is what it said:
President Boyd K. Packer praised women who were unable to have children of their own yet sought to care for others. He said: “When I speak of mothers, I speak not only of those women who have borne children, but also of those who have fostered children born to others, and of the many women who, without children of their own, have mothered the children of others” (Mothers [1977], 8).

And while the teacher had no idea when she handed this to me, but it spoke to me on such a deep level today and I wanted to share it here. What does it mean to be a mother to you? Leave me a comment and tell me what you think it means.

3 comments:

  1. Chriss! I just found your blog and I love it! I hope that you guys are doing well! We miss you up here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aub! We miss being up there too, except we just got our calling in nursery again and we couldn't be happier about it!
    Feel free to pass around our blog to others or put a blog button on your blog(if you have one?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a mother means guiding children on the right path. I know there are certain things that I can get my nieces and nephews to do that their parents can't. I feel like I help mother them. I also feel like lots of women help mother Gavin.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...