Sunday, March 13, 2011

Something about Chriss

I realized that many of my posts recently have been very wordy, and without many pictures. I have been friends with Mandy for a very long time. Roughly 10 years ago she started to teach me how to tie quilts with "crows feet" I love this stitch because it doesn't leave yarn hanging out like in the traditional square knot style. But I also love that it has a pattern to it, half the feet "walk" one direction on half the quilt and the other half "walk" the other direction.

Mandy taught me about crow's feet, I have never turned back, we have been doing quilts together ever since. We have our rhythm down on setting up and breaking down the quilt frames, we continue to make progress with making these more efficient over time. Mostly it is so that we can spend some time together and make something at the same time.

Brian had a job interview and was out of town for a couple of days. While he was off doing that I focused my energy into turning some old fabric I had on hand from this:


into this:
and this:

Both of these are baby quilt sized. We had fun tying them this weekend.
Picture by Brian
Now I get to finish off the edges and figure out what to do with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...