Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Odd connections with Australia

As I, Chriss, have been thinking more about yesterday's post, I have realized that we have many odd connections with Australia....

1) Both of my parents served their L.D.S. missions in the Great Australia West mission.
As a result of that I grew up with kangaroo skins, sheep skins and koala bears. Some of the koala bears had music boxes and sang "Waltzing Matilda" (on a side note, I thought as a child that parents had to go to the same mission in order to get married.)

2) When I got my mission call to Austria, Vienna. Many people would get this confused with Australia. Austrians get it all the time. In fact while in Austria I picked up a t-shirt for my dad: 
3)While in my last area in Austria there were members who would have us over to their house often for FHE. They had joined the church while they were living in Australia before coming back to Austria to live.

4) We have a niece whose name is Adelaide, which is a city in South Australia. Which is named after Queen Adelaide And the name of a character in the musical "Guys and Dolls"

Just some random thoughts about Australia and odd connections we have to it other than an analogy about adoption. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...