Sunday, May 9, 2010

A little bit about Brian


I am not much of blogger, but adoption is something that I feel very strongly about so I am going to put up a post about myself and why I am so excited about adopting.
I work in the IT department at a local company, I have been there for three years and working in IT for about 7 years. I love working with computers, I have always been told to do something you love and you will never work a day in your life.
I love cars, I love working on them and driving them. People generally think that I am odd when I take long drives to calm down when I am stressed out. I think that every car has a personality, emotions and should have a name. That is a little about my interests.

Now the more important part of this post is why I am so excited about adoption. I have always wanted to adopt. I have always felt in my heart that not all of my children would be genetically mine. When Chriss and I were dating she asked me how I felt about adopting and I told her that I had always planned on adopting. When I was working at a middle school there were two boys that had been adopted from Africa. I saw how much they loved their family and how much their family loved them as well. I also have five adopted cousins and four second cousins that come from various backgrounds and ethnicity. It has been a lot of fun to see them grow up, we see them often and its a lot of fun to play around with them. Adoption is very normal and accepted in the family.

I want to be a positive influence on a child's life. As a couple we had discussed that we would have two biological children and adopt two children after. We have had trouble with staying pregnant over the last two years. Chriss asked me about changing the order and starting out with adopting. She was worried that I would be sad and that I would want to keep trying for biological kids, but to her surprise I was completely ready to take this route. I am so excited to bring a little child into our lives and can't wait to be a father!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...