Monday, May 17, 2010

A little bit about Chriss

I am excited about this new journey and what it will mean for our family. I want to share some about me. I am the oldest of six kids, four brothers and a sister. There is only eight years difference between me and my youngest brother. To say it was crazy while growing up is putting it mildly, there was always something going on and someone to play with. We still see each other as often as possible.

I have my bachelor's degree in Business Management. Some of my hobbies; I love to travel, read all kinds of books, volunteering in the community, spending time with friends and doing fun dinner parties. I also love photography; I enjoy taking pictures of everything from friend's kids to fireworks and landscapes.

Adoption is something that I have grown up around; we had friends growing up that were adopted. It became something that I wanted to do when I was married. I love kids and have always wanted to be a mommy.  Adoption became an important question to ask the guys that I dated to screen the ones out that were not good matches. When I asked Brian about adoption, he immediately said it was something that he wanted to do as well, it impressed me that he was so enthusiastic about adoption.

We have had our struggles with infertility and many miscarriages. But because adoption has always been part of the plan, we do not view it as a last resort or out of desperation. It is a blessing and a challenge that we are looking forward to. It is a journey filled with ups and downs, while adding not only a child but the birth mother as part of our family. We are embracing this with hearts and arms wide open for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...